A leading telecommunications operator faces a serious problem: in a phase of full exponential growth, one out of every two calls is left unattended. Furthermore, inertia has led them to an unsustainable situation in which they are absolutely dependent on a supplier who has full control of operations.
What was the challenge we faced?
In 2016, ADI took on the double challenge. Reaching the optimal levels of attention was only the first obstacle of a project that demanded the perfect combination between immediacy and pragmatism. The reason? The complexity of a large contact center required acting with maximum precision and sensitivity to achieve the expected results. The mission demanded the development and implementation of new models of planning and control of the activity.
What goals were set?
- Combine immediacy and efficiency to take control of operations.
- Improve customer satisfaction.
- Introduce new suppliers to diversify risk.
- Achieve growth based on results.
How the ADI team took part?
First challenge! Put out the fire to give an immediate answer to calls that were not answered: 50%. Given the urgency, we did our best to be practical and apply a battery of actions to reverse the situation analyzing the volume of calls, reorganizing shifts and breaks and controlling call times and inefficiencies. Working, in short, to optimize the levels of attention that discredited the quality of the service.
Having reached the first objective, ADI started up and, without wasting a minute, developed new work models to deal with the rest of the challenges with guarantees:
- Activity and resource planning.
- Implementation of our own 24x7x365 operations control systems.
- Processing of operational management information.
- Control and optimization of operating costs.
What results were achieved?
- 90% levels of care in just 3 months.
- Call time reduction of up to 25% in certain services.
- Diversification of suppliers to reduce risk and introduce healthy competition between them.
- Migration of control systems from supplier to customer.
- Savings of 1.56 million euros in two years.
- Consolidation of a successful model that has now been transferred to other brands in the group.